I did mention in my previous entry that I went for surgery to remove my wisdom teeth. So, I think I want to share my experience here. I would not say, it was a bad one, but at the same time it was not that good also.

My gum was swelling. I had it for about a week. On 6th Feb, CNY eve, my office closed at 1300hrs. So, my BF forced me to go and see doc at HKL. At first he wanted to send me to Government Dentist, but I have to come in the morning just to get a number. Unfortunately, I wasn’t free and I couldn’t get any leave since I’m the only Malay at counter.

So, I went to Out Patient Clinic. I was quite lucky. Not much people around in the afternoon. Not even 1 hour later, I managed to see the doc. Young doc, and she looked so like terpaksa bekerja. Sikit lebih kurang saje dia cek kiter. For my gum, she asked me to go to any dentist. Well, that was fine for me, but apparently it was not fine with my ‘Finance Minister’ a.k.a BF. He told me, we can’t afford to go to any private dentist at the moment, so he insisted to get a referral letter for Jabatan Bedah Mulut.

I managed to get the referral letter, and I managed to see the dentist. Sorry, his name is too long, but the staffs refer him as Dr. Rully. He’s quite a nice guy. Oh, before that, the girl at the counter, she was sooooo polite. When the doc was checking on my swollen gum (right lower side), he told me my wisdom teeth were not in good condition. Kalau boleh, buang dua-dua. But again, according to him, it’s up to me.

He scheduled me for the following week. Unfortunately, I can’t take any leave during those period. It was CNY maaa!!! Lucy pulak dah ambik from 31st Jan till 15th Feb. I asked to be after the 18th. Well, he’s ok with that, but I need to get my mouth to be x-rayed before the surgery and called them to set appointment for the surgery. According to Dr. Rully, they will give me 3-4 days of MC.

I did call them and my surgery date was set on the 25th Feb at 0800 hrs. Errrrkkk… I need to get up really early that day.

My BF planned to go back to his hometown on the same day after the surgery. He said, at least somebody (which is his mom), could cook for me. He didn’t know what to cook for me during my MC. Dalam hati kiter, yelah tu. Sebenarnya, bila kiter sakit, takde orang nak masakkan dia. Hahaha..

The night before the surgery, I was packing for Johor trip. Not only for myself, but for my BF and cats. I won’t be leaving my cats behind, hellooo… :P And I loaded everything except my cats into the car.

I was a bit late. I arrived HKL about 10 minutes late. The girl at the counter ask me to come again after 0830, which I did. But I have to wait till almost 1100 hrs, when a small, cute, young, female doctor called my name. I passed her my x-ray and asked me to wait again.

I waited another 10 minutes. Then, it was my turn. The small, cute, young female doctor, was Dr. Wan Salbiah. I believe she was trainee there. She was the only doctor wearing UKM coat. She took over my case from Dr. Rully because he was attending to one emergency case at the moment.

What can I say about the whole procedure? It was painless, since dah kena inject awal-awal, and my lips, my tongue and my gum are all numbed. But like Dr. Salbiah said, I could still feel the pressure. Dr. Salbiah was very friendly and understanding. I kinda like her, actually. Hilang sekejap rasa sakit kepala. Oh, I forgot to tell you, I had a headache while waiting for my turn. Tak cukup tidur punya pasal.

I decided to remove my lower right wisdom tooth. But Dr. Salbiah suggested, if I were to remove that, it’s good if I remove upper wisdom tooth also. So, I took her advise. She took about 5 minutes to explain on the procedure. For lower part, she got to cut a bit of my gum. Later, she’ll do some sort of gutter around the tooth. Once it’s done, she cut the tooth into two, and start removing one by one. Upper tooth, it was very simple one. Just need to pull it without cutting my gum. :D

Later in the evening, ubat dah habis, kepala masih sakit, gusi baru terasa sakit. Menangis beb tahan sakit. But at night, lepas dinner kat Johor, telan painkiller. Barulah dapat tidur.

Well, sakit memang sakit. Tapi tak teruk sangatlah, since the painkiller prescribed by the doctor, boleh tahan kuat jugaklah. But, I’m quite happy with all the staff at Jabatan Bedah Mulut HKL. Dr. Salbiah, eventhough trainee, she’s quite good. I hope she’ll remain or going to be better than she is now. They are polite and friendly people.

p/s: kiter dapat 4 hari MC. :D